Tim NilsonExecutive Director
The Executive Director (hereafter referred to as “Director”) provides total organizational leadership directed toward growth, productivity, corporate self-sufficiency and quality service to society. The Director complies with specified work plans with the Department of Health and other contracted agencies. The Director plans, organizes, manages and directs all activities of Seven Mountains EMS Council (hereafter referred to as the “Council”, in establishing all policies and procedures governing the operation of the Corporation within the context of goals established by and in consort with the Board of Directors (hereafter referred to as the “Board”). The Director develops rational philosophies, business and strategic plans in consort with the board.
- Executes corporate plans through development of strategies that detail objectives and tasks relative to their completion.
- In conjunction with the Board, manages assigned operating, manpower, capital and other fiscal resources through a financial management system approach involving acquisition, performance measurement, feedback, evaluation and disposition of financial and material resources. Responsible for the coordination and management of fiscal activities of the Council including budget preparation and control, billing information and procedures, revenue crediting, expenses discrepancy, cost efficiency, cash flow issues and budget variances.
- Represents the Council in meetings with local public service agencies, emergency care providers, the community, local, state and federal government entities.
- Maintains frequent contact with stakeholders including governmental administrators, legislative leaders, county commissioners, hospital administrators, physicians, nurses, public safety directors, volunteer and paid pre-hospital care providers, business leaders, vendors and educators.
- Monitors program compliance to ensure quality delivery of pre-hospital and definitive patient care throughout the Council region.
- Develops and implements corporate manpower plans to ensure that sufficient personnel are employed, trained and managed to meet corporate and program objectives; organizes and manages all personnel functions, both corporate and programmatic.
- Responsible for corporate evaluation in order that programs can be justified, services accounted for, trends plotted and future formulated.
- Ensure that all municipal, state and federal regulations are complied with as they apply to the provision of Emergency Medical Services (hereafter referred to as “EMS”) and corporate affairs.
- Investigates new EMS programs, coordinates services with external agencies and serves on various statewide planning committees when needed.
- Maintains high public awareness of the need to upgrade emergency medical care delivery and the Council’s role and responsibility to accomplish system development and maintenance.
- Provides coordination and understanding between such diverse entities as government officials, business leaders, electronics specialists, medical specialists, dispatchers, volunteer and professional providers of pre-hospital care, police and others involved in system development.
Email Tim: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office Manager provides clerical/office support for the organization and is responsible for “office” functions of Council operations including accounting and payroll operations. The Office Manager may also assume program responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Conducts financial operations of Regional Council to include receipt and payment of invoices; issuing of invoices & purchase orders; bank account deposits & reconciliation.
- Responsible for financial interactions with Bureau of EMS (BEMS) including monthly invoicing, grant budgeting & audit reporting.
- Responsible for payroll processing and associated reporting, including taxes. Completed with assistance from accountant/payroll processing service as needed.
- Maintains various information systems, to include local & remote databases, and assists in the utilization of these databases to enhance Council operations.
- Provides “office” operations for Council to include document duplication, incoming and outgoing mail handling, and telephone/visitor reception.
- Maintains ‘official’ Council information including, but not limited to, bylaws, minutes, delegates, meeting attendance, and grant.
- Attends, participates in, and provides regional representation at meetings, workshops, and conferences as they relate to this program function.
- Assists in the typing, filing, copying, and mailing of correspondence and/or course materials as needed to maintain efficiency in office operations.
- Prepares a written overview of his/her programmatic activities for Regional Council meetings.
- Assists with other regional EMS system projects as available.
Email Laura: email@example.com
Cathy GrimesEMS Program Specialist
The EMS Program Specialist will have primary responsibility for EMS system maintenance and expansion by providing direct support to the EMS providers and Con-Ed sponsors within the region. EMS Program Specialists will also support other EMS projects/activities, assisting EMS agencies and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for the regional administration of the continuing education program and re-registration process/issues to include, but not limited to:
- Coordination of re-registration process.
- Approval of continuing education programs.
- Processing of continuing education programs & students.
- Con-Ed program audits – agency and provider.
- Name/Address change issues.
- Inventory (supply & equipment) accountability and distribution.
- Course registration & monitoring – paperwork and on-site.
- Coursework processing to include card and invoice issuance.
- Instructor liaison and issues.
- Responsible for the issuing of certification materials to include initial, re-registration, and replacement.
- Responsible for the corporate asset/supply tracking and inventory process.
- Is staff lead to the CISM team.
- Develops, with input from rest of staff, an annual survey and distributes same to regional agencies to maintain up-to-date contact and other information about our regional EMS system.
- Assists, as available, with a comprehensive PI&E and Recruitment, Retention, Recognition program.
- Assists with complaint investigations as requested.
- Manages Council’s American Heart Association (AHA), Community Training Center (CTC) and develops program (compliant with AHA guidelines)
Email Cathy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott ReinerRegional Education Coordinator
The Regional Education Coordinator will have primary responsibility for the planning, coordination, and evaluation of regional Emergency Medical Service (EMS) and ancillary program offerings to insure an adequate supply of practitioners within the region. The Education Coordinator will also be the lead staff person for training and/or Department of Health Bureau of EMS (BEMS) certification/recognition issues.
- In cooperation with training institutes, continuing education sponsors, and regional EMS instructors – develops a comprehensive schedule of basic and continuing education course offerings (including EMSVO) based on identified needs.
- Provides regional coordination and oversight of EMS program offerings to insure compliance with DOH policies/guidelines and regional objectives.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other emergency service training organizations to assist in providing sufficient numbers and quality of ancillary training such as, but not limited to, Haz-Mat, Counter-terrorism including WMD, and EMS Management.
- Coordinates workshops, classes, and meetings – as needed – to insure that a sufficient number of qualified, knowledgeable instructors are available to conduct EMS training programs within the Region.
- Provides regional leadership and BEMS coordination on training issues – to include DOH databases (CETAC, LMS), training/certification reports and paperwork, processing of certification materials, and the reciprocity process.
- Attends, participates in, and provides regional representation at meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Is the staff lead to the Regional Training committee.
- Coordinates the regional EMS evaluator team and schedules/conducts DOH certification exams in accordance with regional and BEMS policies.
- Assists with inventory/tracking of regional training equipment and supplies, including purchases and maintenance, and coordinates issuing of such across regional training programs as needed.
- Prepares a written overview of program activities for Regional Council meetings.
- Conducts periodic EMS system review (audit) and analysis of educational programs and their delivery throughout the region.
- Assists with other regional EMS system projects as available.
Email Scott : email@example.com